Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Final Countdown.....

(actually two days ago, stay with me I promise to get on track!) 

                              http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=659

My brain knows I'm lucky, but my heart still has issues. 

Many families out there are facing year long or more deployments.  My hubby is on a 45 day on, 45 day off rotation.  This means he doesn't miss huge jumps in our daughter's astronomically fast growing height and I don't die from lack of back cracking.  This also means we have to do the whole good bye thing several times a year.

So, the first deployment didn't go so well. 

It didn't help that he managed to miss my birthday, our baby's birthday and Christmas.  I white knuckled the whole thing! 

Tomorrow he leaves for the second rotation and now I know what I'm in for.  I'm really not sure if that is going to make it better or worse. 

If there are any other wives out there who know magical deployment coping skills- HELP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment