Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 2

(yay! we're on the right day!)

                                            http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=2026

Woke up in the middle of the night to a normally quiet sleeper having a full on dream conversation with her daddy.  (She sleeps in my room when daddy is gone, so I don't get lonely)  I gently woke her in hopes of getting her into a silent sleep: "Oh, hi mommy. I was talking to daddy on my iTouch." She was instantly back asleep and I was wide awake. (ugg! only 43 days till I sleep again)

Fast forward to 6 a.m.- I make my first attempt at waking the baby and then turn the oven on to make the ridiculously yummy cinnamon and sugar toast recipe I found on one of my favorite sites: http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/   

Second attempt at waking the baby and then go let the dogs out. 

Third attempt at waking the baby and then put clothes in the wash. 

While standing in the garage, the smoke alarm goes off.  From the bedroom I hear "Is it time to get up?"  Run to the kitchen to turn off the oven and on the vent fan.  In the oven I find the pan hubby used to broil steaks for dinner before he left. We're all awake now!  At least I know she'll hear the fire alarm even if she tunes me out.

We made it through the rest of the day without a major incident.  (I did forget she had a club meeting after school and drove through the car line at normal time.  Hopefully none of the teachers noticed!  It's better to be early than late, right?) 

I finally heard that quirky little Skype ring around 5:30.  It had been over 24 hours since hubby left and I was getting anxietous (my made up words annoy him, so I try to use them often!).  We were able to talk for a bit and for now, everything is right in the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment